Education reform in New York city : ambitious change in the nation's most complex school system
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Education Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- iv, 364 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
LA339 .N5 E55 2011
- Unknown LA339 .N5 E55 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction to the volume and Children First / Jennifer A. O'Day, Catherine S. Bitter, and Joan E. Talbert
- Leadership and governance in New York City school reform / Paul T. Hill
- Parent and community engagement in New York City and the sustainability challenge for urban education reform / Jeffrey Henig, Eva Gold, Marion Orr, Megan Silander, and Elaine Simon
- Financing K-12 education in the Bloomberg years, 2002-2008 / Leanna Stiefel and Amy Ellen Schwartz
- Managing for results at the New York City Department of Education / Stacey Childress, Monica Higgins, Ann Ishimaru, and Sola Takahashi
- Improving instruction in New York City : an evolving approach / Jennifer O'Day and Catherine S. Bitter
- Collaborative inquiry to expand student success in New York City schools / Joan E. Talbert
- Recruiting, evaluating, and retaining teachers : the Children First strategy to improve New York City's teachers / Margaret Goertz, Susanna Loeb, and Jim Wyckoff
- Changing contexts and the challenge of high school reform in New York City / Leslie Santee Siskin
- School choice and competition in the New York City schools / Sean P. Corcoran and Henry M. Levin
- How students' views predict graduation outcomes and reveal instructional disparities under Children First reforms / Ronald F. Ferguson
- Children First and student outcomes : 2003-2010 / James J. Kemple
- Reflections on Children First / Jennifer A. O'Day and Catherine S. Bitter.
- Publication date
- edited by Jennifer A. O'Day, Catherine S. Bitter, and Louis M. Gomez.
- 9781934742839 (paper)
- 193474283X (paper)
- 9781934742846 (cloth)
- 1934742848 (cloth)