Diversity awareness for K-6 teachers : the impact on student learning
- Rona Leach McLeod.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 155 p. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .M3987 2011||Unknown|
- McLeod, Rona Leach, 1951-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 153-154).
- Chapter 1 INTRODUCTION Chapter 2 Reflecting on How I Learn Chapter 3 Reflecting on How My Students Learn Chapter 4 Research on How We Learn Chapter 5 ACTIVITY ONE: Days of the Week Chapter 6 ACTIVITY TWO: Months of the Year Chapter 7 ACTIVITY THREE: The Year Chapter 8 ACTIVITY FOUR: WORDS Chapter 9 ACTIVITY FIVE: COLORS Chapter 10 ACTIVITY SIX: Money Chapter 11 ACTIVITY SEVEN: Music Chapter 12 ACTIVITY EIGHT: Food Chapter 13 ACTIVITY NINE: Race Chapter 14 ACTIVITY TEN: Hats Chapter 15 ACTIVITY ELEVEN: Age Chapter 16 ACTIVITY TWELVE: Continents Chapter 17 ACTIVITY THIRTEEN: Pets Chapter 18 ACTIVITY FOURTEEN: Languages Chapter 19 ACTIVITY FIFTEEN: State Flowers/State Trees/State Birds Chapter 20 ACTIVITY SIXTEEN: Length Chapter 21 ACTIVITY SEVENTEEN: Tools Chapter 22 ACTIVITY EIGHTEEN: Insects Chapter 23 ACTIVITY NINETEEN: Alphabets Chapter 24 ACTIVITY TWENTY: Greeting Cards Chapter 25 ACTIVITY TWENTY-ONE: Holidays Chapter 26 ACTIVITY TWENTY-TWO: Sports Chapter 27 ACTIVITY TWENTY-THREE: States and Capitals Chapter 28 ACTIVITY TWENTY-FOUR: Road Signs Chapter 29 ACTIVITY TWENTY-FIVE: Systems and Organs of the Body Chapter 30 ACTIVITY TWENTY-SIX: Weather Conditions Chapter 31 ACTIVITY TWENTY-SEVEN: Shoes Chapter 32 ACTIVITY TWENTY-EIGHT: Planets Chapter 33 ACTIVITY TWENTY-NINE: Modes of Transportation Chapter 34 ACTIVITY THIRTY: Rocks Chapter 35 ACTIVITY THIRTY-ONE: Emotions Chapter 36 ACTIVITY THIRTY-TWO: Types of Sentences Chapter 37 ACTIVITY THIRTY-THREE: Presidents Chapter 38 ACTIVITY THIRTY-FOUR: Multiple Intelligences Chapter 39 ACTIVITY THIRTY-FIVE: Names Chapter 40 ACTIVITY THIRTY-SIX: Stores Chapter 41 ACTIVITY THIRTY-SEVEN: Addresses Chapter 42 ACTIVITY THIRTY-EIGHT: Birthdays Chapter 43 ACTIVITY THIRTY-NINE: Numbers Chapter 44 ACTIVITY FORTY: Punctuation Marks Chapter 45 ACTIVITY FORTY-ONE: Football/Baseball/Basketball Mascots Chapter 46 ACTIVITY FORTY-TWO: Study of the Newspaper Chapter 47 ACTIVITY FORTY-THREE: Musical Instruments Chapter 48 ACTIVITY FORTY-FOUR: Colleges/Universities Chapter 49 ACTIVITY FORTY-FIVE: Parts of a Tree Chapter 50 ACTIVITY FORTY-SIX: Jobs/Occupations Chapter 51 SUMMARY Chapter 52 LESSON PLAN FORMATS Chapter 53 BIBLIOGRAPHY Chapter 54 ABOUT THE AUTHOR.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610484213 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Diversity Awareness for K-6 Teachers: The Impact on Student Learning is a resource guide for elementary teachers and college-level student teachers for teaching diversity awareness across the various areas of content. It contains many exciting activities teachers can use to enhance learning while making learning and teaching fun and exciting. Specific 'themes' are covered as a part of diversity awareness lessons. Teachers have opportunities to create and develop additional activities and document outcome of lessons.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610484213 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781610484213 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610484215 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610484220 (ebk.)
- 1610484223 (ebk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: