Small schools, education, and the importance of community : pathways to improvement and a sustainable future
- Tim L. Adsit.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 197 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC221 .A57 2011||Unknown|
- Adsit, Tim L., 1948-
- Association of School Business Officials International.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 189-194) and index.
- Chapter 1- Overview Chapter 2 - Rural Distress and Survival Chapter 3 - Economic, Social, Cultural, Geo-Political, and Environmental Distress in Rural America Chapter 4 - Survival: The Small School and the Importance of "Community" Chapter 5 - Conclusions About Rural Distress and Survival Chapter 6 - Working Together for Success: Small School Leaders Guide To Resources for Rural Community Development, Revitalization, and Renewal Chapter 7 Appendix A - Research on Community Service Education Chapter 8 Appendix B - Sample Student Learning Activities Using Community as Curriculum Chapter 9 Appendix C - Sample Activities for Developing A School-Community Vision and A School Leaders Guide With Useful Tools for Community Development Chapter 10 Appendix D - Community-School Design Conference Agenda Chapter 11 Appendix E - The "Rool" Community and School Simulation Activity Chapter 12 Appendix F - Human and Non-Human Resources Providing Assistance to Rural Communities and Schools.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610480154 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Small Schools, Education, and the Importance of Community focuses on three successful approaches for using the school as a catalyst for community development and revitalization, particularly in rural areas. The strategies also work well in suburban and urban areas. The three approaches described include: leadership by K-12 teachers, administrators, and school boards, particularly in the areas of developing schools as community centers, community as curriculum, and school-based economic development. Succesful case studies are also included.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781610480154 20160605
- Publication date
- "Published in partnership with the Association of School Business Officials International."
- 9781610480154 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610480155 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610480147 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 1610480147 (hbk. : acid-free paper)
- 9781610480161 (ebk.)
- 1610480163 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: