Multicultural student services on campus : building bridges, re-visioning community
- edited by Dafina Lazarus Stewart.
- 1st ed.
- Sterling, Va. : Stylus Pub., 2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 323 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2342.92 .M85 2011||Unknown|
- Stewart, Dafina Lazarus, 1973-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Remembering our past to shape our future / V. Leilani Kupo
- Historical & philosophical development of multicultural student services / Bettina C. Shuford
- A demographic profile of multicultural student services / Dafina Lazarus Stewart & Brian K. Bridges
- Engaging race in multicultural student services / Lori Patton, Jessica Ranero & Kimberly Everett
- Engaging sexual orientation & gender diversity in multicultural student services / Nicholas Negrete & Christopher Purcell
- Engaging religious & faith diversity in multicultural student services / Jenny L. Small
- Bridging integrated identities to integrated services / Mary Grace Almandrez & Felicia J. Lee
- Multicultural student services at private, liberal arts colleges / Kimberly M. Ferguson & Timeka L. Thomas-Rashid
- Multicultural student services at public institutions / Dorian McCoy
- Multicultural student services at community colleges / Eboni Zamani-Gallaher & Stanley Bazile
- Multicultural student services at minority-serving institutions: historically black institutions / Kevin D. Rome
- Multicultural student services at minority-serving institutions: tribal colleges / Les D. Riding & Robert Longwell-Grice
- Negotiating purpose & context / Becky Petitt & David McIntosh
- Developing collaborations within student affairs / Walter M. Kimbrough & Caretta Cooke
- Developing collaborations with academic affairs / Corinne Maekawa Kodama & Kisa Takesue
- Working with the majority / Jamie Washington
- Preparing diversity change leaders / C. Carney Strange & Dafina Lazarus Stewart
- Multicultural competency & social justice advocacy / Robert Reason & Kenjus T. Watson
- Re-visioning the future of multicultural student services / Kathleen Manning & Frank Michael Muñoz.
- Publisher's Summary
- The authors offer a collective vision of multicultural student services (MSS) that takes the best of what we have learned in the past to move forward in re-visioning the higher education community of the future. This is a bold vision of a newly-fashioned MSS that connects and integrates issues of race and ethnicity with those of sexual orientation, gender identity and religious expression, and takes MSS away from the margins of student and academic affairs units to become a key venue to assist in building transformative and democratic campus communities. Laura I. Rendon, Professor at the University of Texas-San AntonioAn ACPA Publication".
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781579223748 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781579223731 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 1579223737 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 9781579223748 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1579223745 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781579226176 (library networkable e-edition)
- 1579226175 (library networkable e-edition)
- 9781579226183 (consumer e-edition)
- 1579226183 (consumer e-edition)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: