Gender, power and management : a cross-cultural analysis of higher education
- edited by Barbara Bagilhole and Kate White.
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 215 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HD6054.3 .G38 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Building a Feminist Research Network-- B.Bagilhole & K.White Legislative Frameworks for EO-- K.White Higher Education and Gender Equity-- A.Goransson Research Design-- J.Neale & A-.A-zkanlA Senior Management in Higher Education-- T.Carvalho & M.de Lurdes Machado Paths to Success in Senior Management-- S.Riordan Doing Senior Management-- J.Neale Where do Women Fit in University Senior Management? An Analytical Typology of Cross National Organisational Cultures-- P.O'Connor Towards Interventions for Senior Women in Higher Education-- B.Bagilhole & K.White.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230232259 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Gender, Power and Management is the first multi-country study to examine the dynamics of men and women working together in higher education senior management teams within a broader organizational context. It is based on interviews with women and men in university senior management in Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Portugal, South Africa, Sweden, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. It explores pathways into senior management, perceptions of how women and men regard each other's performance in top management jobs, and their influence on universities. It questions where women fit in university senior management, whether or not women can and do make a distinctive contribution to university decision-making, and the impact of organizational cultures on their effectiveness as managers and leaders. Finally, it explores why interventions need to be developed for women who wish to apply for higher education senior management positions.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780230232259 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780230232259 (hbk.)
- 0230232256 (hbk.)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: