Paul Jones, or, The son of the sea [electronic resource]
- by Alexander Dumas.
- Uniform Title
- Captain Paul. English
- New York : Dick & Fitzgerald, 
- Physical description
- vi, , 8-106, 8,  p. ; 25 cm.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Son of the sea
- Captain Paul
- "A tale of the American Revolution."--Wrapper. Encompasses "the early career and closing years of this adventurous seaman" (i.e., John Paul Jones) not addressed by James Fenimore Cooper in The pilot. Cf. Introduction, p. [v]-vi.
- Written in collaboration with Adrien Dauzats.
- Published in 1846 by E.P. Williams and Company with title: Captain Paul ... Translated from the French by Thomas Williams, Esq.
- Imprint date suggested by publisher's advertisement on wrapper, "Just published, 'The secret out; or 1000 tricks with cards and other recreations, ' ..." This title, by W. Frikell, was copyrighted by Dick & Fitzgerald in 1859.
- Engr. wrapper.
- Two columns to the page.
- Publisher's catalogue, p. -8, second count. Publisher's advertisements, p. [2-4] of wrapper,  p at end.
- Reproduction of the original from the American Antiquarian Society.
- Sabin no. 21183.
- Electronic reproduction. Farmington Hills, Mich. : Gale, 2008. Available via the World Wide Web. Access limited by licensing agreements. s2008 miunns.
- Related Work
- Cooper, James Fenimore, 1789-1851 Pilot.