Methods of study integration in multiplex molecular medicine [electronic resource]
- Alexander A. Morgan.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource.
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|3781 2011 M||In-library use|
- Morgan, Alexander Anthony.
- Butte, Atul J. primary advisor.
- Ashley, Euan A., advisor.
- Brunet, Anne, 1972- advisor.
- Stanford University Department of Biomedical Informatics.
- The acquisition of biomedical research data is continually expanding, both in the number of variables measured in any single experiment and the number of experiments being done. To bring the fruits of all this labor into medical practice, we need to develop techniques for integrating high dimensional assays across experimental studies. In this thesis, I develop and demonstrate several approaches to multiplex meta-analysis, the synthesis multiple of high dimensional studies. I discuss the development of an overall expression map, examining the properties of gene expression dynamics across thousands of studies. I use this analysis of gene expression dynamics to develop methods of integrating highly parallelized gene expression studies to both identify new biomarkers of disease process, and to prioritize genes likely to contribute to disease risk. Finally, I demonstrate a method for clinical genomics, integrating disease linked genetic variants across an entire genome for translation into medical practice.
- Publication date
- Submitted to the Department of Biomedical Informatics.
- Ph.D. Stanford University 2011
Browse related items
Start at call number: