Access, equity, and capacity in Asia-Pacific higher education
- edited by Deane Neubauer and Yoshiro Tanaka.
- 1st ed.
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 232 p. ; 22 cm.
- International & development education.
Education Library (Cubberley)
LB2351.4 .P16 A23 2011
- Unknown LB2351.4 .P16 A23 2011
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: Access, Equity, and Capacity-- D.E. Neubauer & Y.Tanaka Access, Equity, Capacity: Initiating Some Distinctions-- D.E.Neubauer & J.N.Hawkins Variations on Equity and Access in Higher Education in Asia-- J.N.Hawkins Defining and Measuring Capacity in Asia Pacific Higher Education-- D.E.Neubauer A New World Order? The Emergence of "Structured Opportunity Markets" in Higher Education-- J.A.Douglass Equity and Access in a Constantly Expanding Indonesian Higher Education System-- I.Abdulla Quality as Key in Vietnam's Passage to Educational Integration-- B.Phuong Lan The Dilemma of Higher Education Policy Choices in Japan-- Y.Tanaka Aligning Capacity with Needs in the Process of Massification of Higher Education in China: Northeast Normal University as a Case-- Y.Zhong Access, Equity and Capacity: Concepts and Practices vs. National Development and Demographic Shifts of Malaysian Higher Education-- A.Bin Hussein, Z.Mohd Fahmi, & B.Vassu Social Justice, Equal Access, and Stratification of Higher Education in Taiwan-- Y.Shen-Keng & C.Sheng-Yao Access, Equity, Capacity in Asia Pacific Higher Education: Managing the Trade-Offs in the Philippines-- E.de Jesus The Effect of Cross-Border Provision on Higher Education Access, Equity and Capacity in the Asia-Pacific Region-- C.Ziguras Tensions between Autonomy and Accountability: Access, Equity, and Capacity in Korean Higher Education-- M.Yeom Two Decades of Rapid Higher Education Change: Losses and Gains in Equity, Capacity, and Access in Asia Pacific Higher Education-- Y.Tanaka & D.E.Neubauer.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Particularly within the Asia Pacific region the expansion of higher education, especially when it has taken the form of rapid massification, brings to the center of policy discourse government efforts to develop effective policies concerned with how higher education can develop greater capacity such that it can provide access to a larger segment of the population within a context of equity.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Supplemental links
Contributor biographical information
- Universities and colleges > Pacific Area > Admission > Congresses.
- Universities and colleges > East Asia > Admission > Congresses.
- Education, Higher > Pacific Area > Case studies > Congresses.
- Education, Higher > East Asia > Case studies > Congresses.
- Educational equalization > Pacific Area > Case studies > Congresses.
- Educational equalization > East Asia > Case studies > Congresses.
- Publication date
- International and development education
- "East-West Center"--Cover.
- Product of a seminar held from July 21- 25, 2008, in Chia-ya, Taiwan, hosted by the National Chung Cheng University.
- 9780230101104 (hardback)
- 0230101100 (hardback)