I dreamed of flying like a bird : my adventures photographing wild animals from a helicopter
- Robert B. Haas.
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic, c2010.
- Physical description
- 64 p. : col. ill. ; 20 x 29 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|TR729 .W54 H33 2010||Unknown|
- Haas, Robert B.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 62) and index.
- Buffalos and lions at war
- The miracle of flamingos
- One wildebeest in a herd of zebras
- A close encounter with sharks
- Beward the crocodile!
- Searching for giant whales
- Hungry bears on the prowl.
- Publisher's Summary
- Over the course of 8 short chapters, stunningly illustrated by his aerial photography, Bobby Haas shares with kids the adventure that is aerial photography. He relates the thrills, the close calls, and the incredible joy that comes with observing animals in a way that few humans ever have. Each chapter features a particular observations: lions hunting buffaloes, flamingoes taking off from the surface of the water and miraculously shaping themselves into the shape of a flamingo, a lone wildebeest travelling with a herd of zebra, almost crashing into a group of sharks, a crocodile catching its prey and eating it, whales twirling in the water, bears coming out of hibernation and feasting on salmon, and flying literally with the birds. This title releases simultaneously in reinforced.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781426306938 20160605
- Wildlife photography > Africa > Juvenile literature.
- Aerial photography > Africa > Juvenile literature.
- Wildlife photographers > Africa > Juvenile literature.
- Haas, Robert B. > Travel > Africa > Juvenile literature.
- Animals > Africa > Pictorial works > Juvenile literature.
- Africa > Aerial photographs > Juvenile literature.
- Wildlife photography > Africa.
- Aerial photography > Africa.
- Wildlife photographers > Africa.
- Haas, Robert B. > Travel > Africa.
- Animals > Africa.
- Africa > Aerial photographs.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- My adventures photographing wild animals from a helicopter
- Outstanding Science Trade Books for Students K-12, 2011
- 9781426306938 (hc)
- 1426306938 (hc)
- 9781426306945 (lib. bdg.)
- 1426306946 (lib. bdg.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: