Sustainability science abstracts [electronic resource].
- [Bethesda, Md.] : CSA
- Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Inc.
- "The Sustainability database explores the management of human use and conservation of the natural resource base, ensuring the attainment and continued satisfaction of human needs in the present as well as maintaining the potential to meet the needs and aspirations of future generations. This involves the maintenance of species diversity & genetic diversity within the species and protection of the habitat/ecosystem they rely upon. The economy is an important aspect of Sustainability and should be seen as "a means to an end" not an end in itself. Coverage includes relevant papers, reports, books and reviews from standard peer-reviewed scientific journals. To ensure comprehensive coverage, material from conference proceedings and hard-to-find gray literature has also been summarized"--CSA Sustainability Science Abstracts factsheet.
- Conservation of natural resources > Abstracts.
- Conservation of natural resources > Indexes.
- Natural resources > Management > Abstracts.
- Natural resources > Management > Indexes.
- Ecology > Abstracts.
- Ecology > Indexes.
- Sustainable development > Abstracts.
- Sustainable development > Indexes.
- Updated monthly
- Vol/date range
- Began in 1990s?
- Coverage as of Nov. 3, 2005: 1995-
- Title from search screen (viewed Nov. 3, 2005)
- Access limited to readers at subscribing institutions.
- File/Data Type
- Text (electronic database)
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Database produced by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Inc.
- Merged from
- Human population & natural resource management