Public health in the 21st century
- Madelon L. Finkel, editor ; foreword by David J. Skorton.
- Santa Barbara, Calif. : Praeger, c2011.
- Physical description
- 3 v. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Finkel, Madelon Lubin, 1949-
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- V. 1. Global issues in public health
- v. 2. Disease management
- v. 3. Current issues in public health policy.
- Publisher's Summary
- The three volumes of Public Health in the 21st Century are comprised of timely essays on a wide variety of public health issues that affect the world today-and those that may do so tomorrow. The essays gathered here are the work of a team of top researchers that includes behavioral scientists, medical officials, environmental scientists, administrators, educators, and health-education experts. Volume one covers history, developments, and current issues in public health. Volume two is about disease treatment and prevention, and volume three discusses health disparities and policies that affect public health. The last volume also looks at cutting-edge research to show what the future may hold, discussing how we will deal with, for example, emerging threats to public health stemming from global warming, the mismanagement of natural resources, multidrug-resistant diseases, and the explosion of chronic disease. Each chapter presents an up-to-date, scholarly review of a specific issue and discusses the challenges that nations, communities, and individuals must address to create a healthier world.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Public health in the twenty-first century
- 9780313375460 (hard copy : set : alk. paper)
- 0313375461 (hard copy : set : alk. paper)
- 9780313375484 (hard copy : vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313375488 (hard copy : vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313375507 (hard copy : vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 031337550X (hard copy : vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780313375521 (hard copy : vol. 3 : alk. paper)
- 0313375526 (hard copy : vol. 3 : alk. paper)
- 9780313375477 (ebook : set)
- 031337547X (ebook : set)
- 9780313375491 (ebook : vol. 1)
- 0313375496 (ebook : vol. 1)
- 9780313375514 (ebook : vol. 2)
- 0313375518 (ebook : vol. 2)
- 9780313375538 (ebook : vol. 3)
- 0313375534 (ebook : vol. 3)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: