Mirror of morality [electronic resource] : Chinese narrative illustration and Confucian ideology
- Julia K. Murray.
- Honolulu : University of Hawaii Press, c2007.
- Physical description
- xii, 194 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 169-183) and index.
- The social status of narrative illustration in China
- Redrawing the concept of Chinese narrative illustration
- Early narrative illustration and moral suasion
- New strategies for narrative illustration in the post-Han period
- Institutionalizing narrative illustration under the Tang dynasty
- Turning points and competing values
- Later narrative illustration at court : legitimation
- Remonstrance, and indoctrination
- Narrative illustration outside the court : persuasion, pleasure, prestige, and piety
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. Palo Alto, Calif. : ebrary, 2013. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to ebrary affiliated libraries.
- 9780824830014 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 0824830016 (hbk. : alk. paper)