Handbook of nanophysics [electronic resource]
- edited by Klaus D. Sattler.
- Boca Raton, FL : CRC Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- 7 v.
- Sattler, Klaus D.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- v. 1. Principles and methods
- v. 2. Clusters and fullerenes
- v. 3. Nanoparticles and quantum dots
- v. 4. Nanotubes and nanowires
- v. 5. Functional nanomaterials
- v. 6. Nanoelectronics and nanophotonics
- v. 7. Nanomedicine and nanorobotics.
- Publisher's Summary
- Covering the key theories, tools, and techniques of this dynamic field, Handbook of Nanophysics: Principles and Methods elucidates the general theoretical principles and measurements of nanoscale systems. Each peer-reviewed chapter contains a broad-based introduction and enhances understanding of the state-of-the-art scientific content through fundamental equations and illustrations, some in color. This volume explores the theories involved in nanoscience. It also discusses the properties of nanomaterials and nanosystems, including superconductivity, thermodynamics, nanomechanics, and nanomagnetism. In addition, leading experts describe basic processes and methods, such as atomic force microscopy, STM-based techniques, photopolymerization, photoisomerization, soft x-ray holography, and molecular imaging. Nanophysics brings together multiple disciplines to determine the structural, electronic, optical, and thermal behavior of nanomaterials; electrical and thermal conductivity; the forces between nanoscale objects; and the transition between classical and quantum behavior. Facilitating communication across many disciplines, this landmark publication encourages scientists with disparate interests to collaborate on interdisciplinary projects and incorporate the theory and methodology of other areas into their work.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Microphysics > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanotechnology > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanostructured materials > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanoelectromechanical systems > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanoelectronics > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanocomposites (Materials) > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanomedicine > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanophotonics > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Microclusters > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Fullerenes > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanoscience > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanotubes > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Nanowires > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Quantum dots > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Semiconductor nanocrystals > Handbooks, manuals, etc.
- Publication date
- 9781420075410 (e-book: v. 1)
- 9781420075557 (e-book: v. 2)
- 9781420075458 (e-book: v. 3)
- 9781420075434 (e-book : v. 4)
- 9781420075533 (e-book : v. 5)
- 9781420075519 (e-book : v. 6)
- 9781420075496 (e-book : v. 7)
- 1420075411 (e-book: v. 1)
- 1420075438 (e-book.: v. 4)