From school improvement to sustained capacity : the parallel leadership pathway
- Frank Crowther ; foreword by Andy Hargreaves.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- xxviii, 211 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .C795 2011||Unknown|
- Crowther, Frank, 1942-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 193-200) and index.
- List of Tables List of Figures Foreword by Andy Hargreaves Preface Introduction Acknowledgments About the Author 1. The COSMIC C-B Approach: A Prelude Introduction COSMIC C-B in Brief The School Research Origins of COSMIC C-B The Phase A Research The Phase B Research The Phase C Research Concluding Comment 2. The First C-B Dynamic: Committing to Revitalization Introduction A Snapshot of Committing to Revitalization: Carmichael Secondary College Committing to Revitalization: Deepening Our Understanding Leadership for Committing to Revitalization Thinking Outside the Square: Al Gore and Committing to Revitalization Conclusion Committing to Revitalization: Building Personal Capacity 3. The Second C-B Dynamic: Organizational Diagnosis and Coherence Introduction A Snapshot of Organizational Diagnosis and Coherence: Bellwood Secondary School Organizational Diagnosis and Coherence: Deepening Our Understanding Organizational Coherence as Structural Alignment Organizational Coherence as Cognitive Alignment Organizational Coherence as Structural and Cognitive Alignment Leadership for Organizational Diagnosis and Coherence Thinking "Outside-the-Square": Organizational Coherence When Men Are From Mars and Women Are From Venus Conclusion Organizational Diagnosis and Coherence: Building Personal Capacity 4. The Third C-B Dynamic: Seeking New Heights Introduction A Snapshot of Seeking New Heights: Carlo Maria Carafa High School Seeking New Heights: Deepening Our Understanding Leadership for Seeking New Heights Summary Seeking New Heights: Building Personal Capacity 5. The Fourth C-B Dynamic: Micro-Pedagogical Deepening Introduction A Snapshot of Micro-Pedagogical Deepening: Greenfield Elementary School Thinking Outside the Square: The Grameen Way and Micro Pedagogical Deepening Conclusion Micro-Pedagogical Deepening - Building Personal Capacity 6. The Fifth C-B Dynamic: Invoking Reaction Introduction A Snapshot of Invoking Reaction: Eacham High School Invoking Reaction: Deepening Our Understanding Leadership for Invoking Reaction Thinking Outside the Square: Medecins Sans Frontieres and Invoking Reaction Conclusion Invoking Reaction: Building Personal Capacity 7. The Sixth C-B Dynamic: Consolidating Success Introduction A Snapshot of Consolidating Success: All Hallows Catholic Elementary School Consolidating Success: Deepening Our Understanding The Systemic Perspective on Consolidating Success The Metanoia Perspective on Consolidating Success The Culture Perspective on Consolidating Success The Leadership Perspective on Consolidating Success Consolidating Success: Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Summary Consolidating Success: Building Personal Capacity 8. Next Steps Along the Parallel Leadership C-B Pathway Introduction COSMIC C-B in Retrospect and Prospect Parallel Leadership in Retrospect and Prospect Conclusion Appendix A: The IDEAS Project Appendix B: The Research Design and Methodology References Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412986946 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- The definitive approach to achieving long-term school improvement Will your school improvement plan stand the test of time? Bestselling author Frank Crowther makes a compelling case for capacity-building and parallel leadership as the keys to ensuring sustainable improvement. Based on a recent research study that examined how school leaders collaborated to enhance quality in their workplaces, this book: - Outlines six research-based dynamics for accomplishing lasting results - Provides real-life examples of successful parallel leadership among administrators, teachers, and students - Demonstrates effective capacity building in a variety of settings with case studies and simulations Everything you need to build a successful and sustainable plan that is rooted in enduring principles is right here, complete with practical examples and proven tools.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781412986946 20160605
- Publication date
- 9781412986946 (pbk.)
- 141298694X (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: