Collaborate, communicate, & differentiate! : how to increase student learning in today's diverse schools
- Wendy W. Murawski, Sally Spencer.
- Thousand Oaks, CA : Corwin, c2011.
- Physical description
- xv, 167 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1576 .M86 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 151-161) and index.
- Acknowledgments About the Authors Introduction 1. Understanding the Historical Context 2. Unscrambling the Range of Settings and Services 3. Improving Student Outcomes by Working in Teams 4. Improving Collaboration Through Powerful Communication 5. Proactively Planning and Differentiating Instruction 6. Modifying and Accommodating to Reactively Address Student Needs 7. Improving Student Learning Through Co-Teaching 8. Collaboratively Planning and Assessing 9. Addressing Conflict and Engaging in Problem Solving 10. Creating a Collaborative School Culture References Index Appendices on the Internet (http://www.corwin.com/diverseschools) Appendix I. UDL Lesson Plans Appendix II. Instructional Strategies Appendix III. Examples of Adapted Work Appendix IV. Adaptive Products and Services Appendix V. Student Profile Sheet Appendix VI. Co-Teaching Lesson Plans Appendix VII. What/How/Who Co-Planning Format.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- This helpful guide will provide a detailed, focused treatment of collaboration, presented in a practical and easy-to-access format for K-12 teachers, administrators, staff, parents, and staff developers. The book will be designed as a "Collaboration 101" reference for schools who have no experience with collaboration and inclusive settings and want to begin to set it up. In addition, it will provide sufficient practical differentiation and application strategies that districts who already have implemented inclusive classrooms will want this book as a reference to help improve their current programs. While the goal of this book is not to be so comprehensive that it is daunting to readers, the content will present the most important information in each key area and will do so in a manner that is engaging, informative, and clear. Numerous "copy me" pages will be provided so that districts can use the forms and templates to make increased collaboration an obvious strategy for addressing diverse needs in the inclusive classroom, and real-life case studies will be included to provide context for the concepts.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Collaborate, communicate, and differentiate
- 9781412981842 (pbk.)
- 1412981840 (pbk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: