Contemporary applied linguistics
- edited by Li Wei and Vivian Cook.
- Paperback edition.
- London ; New York, NY : Continuum, 2011.
- Physical description
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Continuum contemporary studies in linguistics.
Education Library (Cubberley)
Library has: v.1-
|P51 .W375 2011 V.1||Unknown|
|P51 .W375 2011 V.2||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Introduction: language learning and teaching (editors)-- 1. Politics, Policies and Political Action in Foreign Language Education, Mike Byram-- 2. Identity in Applied Linguistics: the need for conceptual exploration, David Block-- 3. Language User Groups and Language Teaching, Vivian Cook-- 4. Language Learning as Discursive Practice, Joan Kelly Hall-- 5. Motivation, Attitude and Perception, Jean Marc Dewaele-- 6. Interlanguage and Fossilisation: towards an analytic model-- 7. Developments in Language Learner Strategies, Ernesto Macaro-- 8. We Do Need Methods, Michael Swan-- 9. Integrating Content-Based and Task-Based Approaches for Teaching, Learning, and Research, Teresa Pica-- 10. The Decline and Fall of the Native Speaker Teacher, Enric Llurda-- 11. Third Culture and Language Education, Claire Kramsch-- 12. New roles for L2 vocabulary?, Paul Nation-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441150219 20160605
- Introduction: Language in the globalized world-- 1. Multilingualism, Gender and Globalization, Aneta Pavlenko & Ingrid Pillar-- 2. Language and Economy, Florian Coulmas-- 3. Linguistic Diversity, Biodiversity and Poverty, Suzanne Romaine-- 4. Discourse in Organizations and Workplace, Britt-Louise Gunnarsson-- 5. Multimodal Discourses, Gu Yueguo-- 6. Language and Culture, Nick Enfield-- 7. Language in Legal Contexts/Forensic Linguistics, John Gibbons-- 8. Translation and Politics, Christina Schaeffner-- 9. Religious Language Management, Bernard Spolsky-- 10. Language and the Brain, Marjorie Lorch-- 11. Clinical Linguistics, Martin Ball & Nicole Mueller-- 12. Sign Linguistics, Sign Language Learning and Sign Bilingualism, Gary Morgan & Bencie Woll-- Bibliography-- Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441169600 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Written by internationally renowned academics, this volume provides a snapshot of the field of applied linguistics, and illustrates how linguistics is informing and engaging with neighbouring disciplines. The contributors present new research in the 'traditional' areas of applied linguistics, including multilingualism, language education, teacher-learner relationships, and assessment. It represents the best of current practice in applied linguistics, and will be invaluable to students and researchers looking for an overview of the field.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781441150219 20160605
- Publication date
- Continuum contemporary studies in linguistics
- 9781441150219 (v. 1)
- 1441150218 (v. 1)
- 9781441169600 (v. 2)
- 1441169601 (v. 2)
Browse related items
Start at call number: