Recomandation de l'estat de religion : manuscript codex
- France, circa 1500.
- Physical description
- 1 volume (122 leaves), 123 x 87 mm
- Corporate Author
- Catholic Church
- A contemplative manuscript evidently made for a Franciscan nun, containing twenty-four meditations on the Sacrament (folio 47 v), forty prayers to Christ (folio 58 r), and meditations on Christ's temptations in the desert (folio 70 r). Also includes a series of prayers to be said when putting on one's clothes in the morning (folio 102 v).
- Earliest possible date
- Latest possible date
- Wanting 2 leaves after folio 98, and perhaps a gathering from the end.
- Single column, 24-25 lines in black ink in a single bastarda script. Capitals touched in yellow, rubrics in red, numerous 2-line initals in red.
- Binding: modern quarter brown calf over pasteboards, slipcase.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 36 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2011. Accession 2011-098.
- Provenance: Bergendal manuscript 63