Mickey Spillane's "Kiss me deadly" [videorecording]
- screenplay by A.I. Bezzerides ; produced and directed by Robert Aldrich ; a Parklane picture.
- English. In English with optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- DVD ed.
- [Irvington, NY?] : Criterion Collection, 2011.
- Physical description
- 1 videodisc (106 min.) : sd., b&w ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (20 p. ; 18 cm.).
- Criterion collection (DVD videodiscs) 568.
- Saville, Victor, 1895-1979. Producer
- Bezzerides, A. I. (Albert Isaac), 1908-2007 Author of screenplay
- Aldrich, Robert, 1918-1983 Director
- Meeker, Ralph, 1920-1988 Actor
- Dekker, Albert, 1905-1968 Actor
- Stewart, Paul, 1908-1986 Actor
- Cooper, Maxine. Actor
- Rodgers, Gaby. Actor
- Leachman, Cloris Actor
- Luciano, Michael.
- DeVol, Frank.
- Laszlo, Ernest.
- Parklane Pictures, Inc.
- Criterion Collection (Firm)
- "In an atomic adaptation of Mickey Spillane's novel, directed by Robert Aldrich, the good manners of the 1950s are blown to smithereens. Snarling private detective Mike Hammer's decision one dark, lonely night to pick up a hitchhiking woman sends him down some terrifying byways. Brazen and bleak, it's a film noir masterpiece and an essential piece of cold war paranoia. Featuring as nervy an ending as has ever been seen in American cinema"--Container.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Kiss me deadly
- Title appears in credits as: Victor Saville presents Mickey Spillane's "Kiss me deadly"
- Criterion collection ; 568
- Based on the novel by Mickey Spillane.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1955; copyright held by Parklane Pictures, Inc.
- DVD release date: Jun. 21, 2011.
- Special features include audio commentary by film noir specialists Alain Silver and James Ursini; director Alex Cox on Kiss me deadly; excerpts from The Long Haul of A. I. Bezzerides, a 2005 documentary on the Kiss Me Deadly screenwriter; Mike Hammer's Mickey Spillane, a 1998 documentary about the life and work of the author; video pieces on the film's locations; controversial altered ending; theatrical traier.
- Production Credits
- Director of photography, Ernest Laszlo; music, Frank DeVol; editor, Michael Luciano.
- Ralph Meeker, Albert Dekker, Paul Stewart, Juano Hernandez, Wesley Addy; introducing Maxine Cooper, Cloris Leachman, Gaby Rodgers.
- Not rated.
- DVD, region 1; NTSC; widescreen 1.66:1; Dolby Digital, monoaural.
- Related Work
- Spillane, Mickey, 1918-2006 Kiss me deadly.
- Publisher Number
- CC2022D The Criterion Collection
Browse related items
Start at call number: