The Greenwood encyclopedia of love, courtship, & sexuality through history
- edited by James W. Howell ... [et al.].
- Westport, Conn. : Greenwood Press, 2008.
- Physical description
- 6 v. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Find it Information Center
Library has: v.1-
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.1||In-library use|
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.2||In-library use|
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.3||In-library use|
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.4||In-library use|
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.5||In-library use|
|HQ21 .G67125 2008 V.6||In-library use|
- Howell, James W.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- v. 1. The ancient world / James W. Howell, editor
- v. 2. The medieval era / William E. Burns, editor
- v. 3. The early modern period / Victoria L. Mondelli, and Cherrie A. Gottsleben, editors ; with the assistance of Kristin Pederson Chew
- v. 4. The colonial and revolutionary age / Merril D. Smith, editor
- v. 5. The nineteenth century / Susan Mumm, editor
- v. 6. The modern world / James T. Sears, editor.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Sex, Love, and Culture volumes cover the ancient world, the medieval era, the early modern period, the colonial and revolutionary age, the nineteenth century, and the modern world. Each volume is cross-cultural in scope and includes alphabetically arranged entries written by expert contributors. Entries cover such topics as customs and practices, authors and works, concepts and institutions, and various other subjects. Thus the Encyclopedia defines love and sexuality in terms of cultural contexts. The volumes are fully illustrated and cite numerous works for further reading. Students will value this set as a source of information about daily life around the world, while general readers will find it fascinating and insightful. Because the volumes are multicultural in scope, they invite an easy comparison of sex and love across different groups of people. The volumes are fully illustrated and cite works for further reading. Students will welcome this set as a guide to daily life around the world, while general readers will be fascinated by its wealth of information.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780313333590 20160605
- Supplemental links
- Table of contents only
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Encyclopedia of love, courtship, and sexuality through history
- Greenwood encyclopedia of love, courtship, and sexuality through history
- 9780313333590 (set : alk. paper)
- 0313333599 (set : alk. paper)
- 9780313335839 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 0313335834 (v. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9780313335198 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 0313335192 (v. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9780313336539 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 0313336539 (v. 3 : alk. paper)
- 9780313333606 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
- 0313333602 (v. 4 : alk. paper)
- 9780313334054 (v. 5 : alk. paper)
- 0313334056 (v. 5 : alk. paper)
- 9780313336461 (v. 6 : alk. paper)
- 0313336466 (v. 6 : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: