Map of the submarine telegraph between America & Europe : with its various communications on the two continents
- New York : Korff Brothers, 1857.
- Physical description
- 1 map : col. ; 17 x 46 cm.
David Rumsey Map Center
All items must be viewed on site
Request items by Noon (12p) the day before your visit to allow for retrieval by staff. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|G9111 .P8 1857 .K8||In-library use|
- Korff Brothers.
- Publication date
- Map Data
- Scale [ca. 1:12,000,000] (W 90⁰--E 15⁰/N 60⁰--N 40⁰).
- Alternate title: Atlantic cable, 1857.
- Inset: Harbour of St. John's, Newfoundland.
- Includes "Profile of the bottom of the Atlantic as sounded 1856 by the U.S. Steamer "Arctic,"" and ill. of the "Great Atlantic cable (natural size)."
- Sold by McKee & Stilwell.