A long walk to water : based on a true story
- a novel by Linda Sue Park.
- Boston ; New York : Clarion Books, 2010.
- Physical description
- 121 p. : col. map ; 22 cm.
At the library
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3566 .A6739 L66 2010||Unknown|
- Park, Linda Sue.
- When the Sudanese civil war reaches his village in 1985, eleven-year-old Salva becomes separated from his family and must walk with other Dinka tribe members through southern Sudan, Ethiopia, and Kenya in search of safe haven. Based on the life of Salva Dut, who, after emigrating to America in 1996, began a project to dig water wells in Sudan.
- Dut, Salva, 1974- > Juvenile fiction.
- Refugees > Sudan > Juvenile fiction.
- Water > Juvenile fiction.
- Sudan > History > Civil War, 1983-2005 > Juvenile fiction.
- Dut, Salva, 1974- > Fiction.
- Refugees > Fiction.
- Survival > Fiction.
- Water > Fiction.
- Blacks > Sudan > Fiction.
- Sudan > History > Civil War, 1983-2005 > Fiction.
- Publication date
Browse related items
Start at call number: