Shaping the future with math, science, and technology : solutions and lesson plans to prepare tomorrow's innovators
- Dennis Adams and Mary Hamm.
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield Education, c2011.
- Physical description
- vii, 171 p. ; 23 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|Q172.5 .C74 A33 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Chapter 1 Preface Chapter 2 Chapter 1: Innovation / Differentiation: 21st Century Math, Science, Technology Skills Chapter 3 Chapter 2: Classroom Assessments Chapter 4 Chapter3: Learning Mathematics: Problem Solving, Creativity, and Innovation Chapter 5 Chapter 4: Science Instruction: Promoting Inquiry and Innovation in the Classroom Chapter 6 Chapter 5: Technology &Education: Innovation, Digital Tools, and Preparing for the Future.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Shaping the Future with Math, Science, and Technology examines how ingenuity, creativity, and teamwork skills are part of an intellectual toolbox associated with math, science, and technology. The book provides new ideas, proven processes, practical tools, and examples useful to educators who want to encourage students to solve problems and express themselves in imaginative ways. The development of a technological knowledge-based economy depends on the development of educational systems that allow schools, teachers, and students of diverse capabilities, backgrounds and learning preferences do better with both content and imaginative problem solving. This book makes the case that it is, indeed, possible to educate our way to a better economy and a better future. Paying attention to 21st century approaches and skills can help accomplish those goals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781610481175 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1610481178 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610481168 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 161048116X (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 9781610481182 (ebk.)
- 1610481186 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: