- by Marshall Weber & Dana F. Smith.
- San Francisco, California : DanaDanaDana Limited Edtions, 2010.
- Physical description
-  leaves of plates : all col. ill. (ports., photos), center leaves fold out into double-size plates ; 30 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
|TR647 .W43 2010 F||In-library use|
- "These photographs were all taken at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany in October of 2009. The majority of these teenagers depicted are participating in Cosplay (an abbreviation of costume role-play). 'Cosplayers' wear (and the hardcore often manufacture) costumes and accessories to represent a specific manga (comic book), anime (animated film), computer game or other digital youth culture character. Sources for the Cosplay shown in this book include DeathNote, Full Metal Alchemist, Hetalia, Narato, Pokemon, and Sailormoon. The Frankfurt Bookfair (the largest and oldest book fair in the world) sponsors a Cosplay Contest and anyone wearing Cosplay gets into the fair free of charge. Some of the youth depicted are dressed in the style of Emo-Goth (Emotional - Gothic) a fashion sub-culture associated with a pastiche of post-Punk/New Wave/Glam Rock and post-Heavy Metal Goth styles. It is important to understand that this is not Cosplay."--Marshall Weber.
- Photography, Artistic.
- Booksellers and bookselling > Germany > Frankfurt am Main.
- Frankfurter Buchmesse (2009)
- Costume > Symbolic aspects > 21st century > Pictorial works.
- Costume > Symbolic aspects > 21st century > Poetry.
- Clothing and dress > Comic books, strips, etc.
- Popular culture > Japan.
- Popular culture > Germany > Japanese influences.
- Animated films > Japan > Influence.
- Teenagers > Books and reading > Social aspects > Germany.
- Emo (Music) > Influence.
- Goth culture (Subculture) > Poetry.
- Publication date
- "Digital production and printing by Dana F. Smith. Photography and text by Marshall Weber. Design and layout by Dana Smith and Marshall Weber ... limited edition of 20."--Colophon
- Bound in cloth covered boards with portrait photographs in bleed.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): No. 18, signed by Dana F. Smith and Marshall Weber.
Browse related items
Start at call number: