- N.H. Senzai.
- New York : Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers, c2010.
- Physical description
- 262 p. : map ; 22 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|PS3619 .E69 S49 2010||Unknown|
- Senzai, N. H.
- Publisher's Summary
- In the summer of 2001, twelve year old Fadi's parents make the difficult decision to illegally leave Afghanistan and move the family to the United States. When their underground transport arrives at the rendezvous point, chaos ensues, and Fadi is left dragging his younger sister Mariam through the crush of people. But Mariam accidentally lets go of his hand and becomes lost in the crowd, just as Fadi is snatched up into the truck. With Taliban soldiers closing in, the truck speeds away, leaving Mariam behind. Adjusting to life in the United States isn't easy for Fadi's family and as the events of September 11th unfold the prospects of locating Mariam in a war torn Afghanistan seem slim. When a photography competition with a grand prize trip to India is announced, Fadi sees his chance to return to Afghanistan and find his sister. But can one photo really bring Mariam home? Based in part on the Ms. Senzai's husband's own experience fleeing his home in Soviet controlled Afghanistan in the 1970s, Shooting Kabul is a powerful story of hope, love, and perseverance.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781442401952 20160605
- Afghan Americans > California > San Francisco Bay Area > Fiction.
- Afghan Americans > Fiction.
- Refugees > Fiction.
- Emigration and immigration > Fiction.
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.) > Fiction.
- Afghan Americans > California > San Francisco Bay Area > Juvenile fiction.
- Afghan Americans > Juvenile fiction.
- Refugees > Juvenile fiction.
- Emigration and immigration > Juvenile fiction.
- San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.) > Juvenile fiction.
- Publication date
- "A Paula Wiseman book."
- [Ages 8-12].
- 9781442401945 : $16.99
- 144240194X : $16.99
- 9781442401952 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1442401958 (hardcover : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: