Handbook of reading interventions
- edited by Rollanda E. O'Connor, Patricia F. Vadasy.
- New York : Guilford Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xii, 436 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1050.5 .H267 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Vadasy, O'Connor, Introduction. O'Connor, Phoneme Awareness and the Alphabetic Principle. Roberts, Preschool Foundations for Reading and Writing Success. Spear-Swerling, Phases in Reading Words and Phonics Interventions. Nunes, Bryant, Morphemic Approaches for Reading Words. Gerber, Richards-Tutor, Teaching Spelling to Students with Learning Difficulties. McKeown, Beck, Making Vocabulary Interventions Engaging and Effective. Hudson, Fluency Problems: When, Why, and How to Intervene. Jitendra, Gajria, Main Idea and Summarization Instruction to Improve Reading Comprehension. Klingner, Morrison, Eppolito, Metacognition to Improve Reading Comprehension. Williams, Pao, Teaching Narrative and Expository Text Structure to Improve Comprehension. Abbott, Greenwood, Buzhardt, Wills, Terry, Peer-Mediated Approaches. Vadasy, Supplemental Reading Instruction by Paraeducators and Tutors: Recent Research and Applications. Ferretti, De La Paz, On the Comprehension and Production of Written Texts: Instructional Activities That Support Content-area Literacy. Orosco, O'Connor, Cultural Aspects of Teaching Reading with Latino English Language Learners. O'Connor, Goodwin, Teaching Older Students to Read.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Comprehensive, authoritative, and designed for practical utility, this handbook presents evidence-based approaches for helping struggling readers and those at risk for literacy difficulties or delays. Leading experts explain how current research on all aspects of literacy translates into innovative classroom practices. Chapters include clear descriptions of effective interventions for word recognition, spelling, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing, complete with concrete examples and teaching scripts. Coverage also encompasses preschool literacy instruction and interventions for older readers, English language learners, and students with learning disabilities, as well as peer-mediated and tutoring approaches. This book will be invaluable to reading specialists, classroom teachers and special educators, researchers and instructors in literacy. It may also serve as a supplemental text in graduate-level courses.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781609181512 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 1609181514 (hbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: