Designing with models : a studio guide to architectural process models
- Criss B. Mills.
- 3rd ed.
- Hoboken, N.J. : John Wiley & Sons, c2011.
- Physical description
- viii, 280 p. : ill. ; 21 x 28 cm.
- Mills, Criss.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Acknowledgments. Foreword. Introduction. Model History. Chapter 1. Model Types: Typical Model Types Employed in the Design Process. Chapter 2. Exploration: A Framework for Conceiving and Using Models in the Design Process. Chapter 3. Project Development: Academic Examples in Support of Exploration. Chapter 4. Project Development in Practice: Design Firm Examples in Support of Exploration. Chapter 5. Rapid Prototyping: Rapid Prototyping - Using Digital Information to Produce Physical Models. Chapter 6. Digital Practice: Combining Digital and Physical Model Information in Professional Practice. Chapter 7. Basic Assemblage: Basic Techniques for Assembling Model Components. Chapter 8. Advanced Assemblage: Advanced Techniques for Form Making. Chapter 9. Assemblage Case Studies: Step-by-Step Case Studies of Assembly Techniques. Chapter 10. Tools: Equipment & Materials. Appendix: Topics for Continuing Exploration. Credits.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470498859 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Designing with Models, Third Edition is the revised, step-by-step guide to basic and advanced design process modeling. This comprehensive text explains the process from start to finish, and has been expanded to include up-to-date information on digital modeling programs and rapid prototyping processes. Along with new student projects, this new Third Edition features more than 800 high-quality photographs. A staple in this field for many years, this latest edition builds on its tradition to remain a must-have reference.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470498859 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780470498859 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0470498854 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780470947395 (ebk.)
- 047094739X (ebk.)
- 9780470947401 (ebk.)
- 0470947403 (ebk.)
- 9780470947418 (ebk.)
- 0470947411 (ebk.)
- 9780470950678 (ebk.)
- 0470950676 (ebk.)
- 9780470950807 (ebk.)
- 0470950803 (ebk.)
Browse related items
Start at call number: