The history, civil and commercial, of the British colonies in the West Indies
- By Bryan Edwards.
- 3d ed., with considerable additions.
- London, Printed for John Stockdale, 1801.
- Physical description
- 3 v. port., fold. pl., fold. maps. 23 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.2-
|TAN-1254 V.2||In-library use|
|TAN-1254 V.3||In-library use|
- V. 1. Sketch of the life of the author, written by himself a short time before his death. A general view of their ancient state and inhabitants. Jamaica. English Charaibean islands. Observations on the disposition, character, manners, and habits of life of the Maroon Negroes of the Island of Jamaica; and a detail of the origin, progress, and termination of the late War between those people and the white Inhabitants. Proceedings of the Assembly relative to the Maroons.--
- v. 2. Present inhabitants. Agriculture. Government and commerce. Appendix: Containing tables of West Indian exports and imports to and from Great Britain and Ireland.--
- v. 3. An historical survey of the French colony in the Island of St. Domingo: comprehending an account of the revolt of the negroes in the year 1791, and a detail of the military transactions of the British Army in that island, in the years
- 1793 &
- 1794. Young, Sir William. A tour thro ugh the several islands of Barbadoes, St. Vincent, Antigua, Tobago, and Grenada, in the years
- 1791 and
- 1792. Historical account of the Co nstitution of Jamaica. Broughton, Arthur. Hortus Eastensis: or, A catalogue of exotic plants, in the Garden of Hinton East, Esq; in the mountains of Linguanea, in the Island of Jamaica, at the time of his decease.
- Publication date
- Originally published London, 1793.
- "A tour through the several islands of Barbadoes, St. Vincent, Antigua, Tobago, and Grenada ... by Sir William Young ... ": v. 3, p. -284.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Imperfect: map of St. Domingo mutilated; with loss of text, v.3.
Browse related items
Start at call number: