The IEP from A to Z : how to create meaningful and measurable goals and objectives
- Diane Twachtman-Cullen, Jennifer Twachtman-Bassett.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2011.
- Physical description
- xvi, 204 p. ; 24 cm.
- Jossey-Bass teacher.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LC4031 .T94 2011||Unknown|
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 193-196) and index.
- Acknowledgments. The Authors. Authors' Note. Foreword. Introduction. PART ONE: ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF THE IEP. 1 Past Perspectives and Present Practices. 2 The "Gold Standard" for Setting Goals and Measuring Progress. 3 Setups for Successful Performance. 4 Methodology: No Longer a Sacred Cow. 5 Scaffolding Student Success. 6 The Case for Generalization. 7 Getting to the Heart of the Matter: How to Write Meaningful Goals and Objectives. 8 Measuring Student Performance: More than a Simple "Numbers Game". 9 In the Shadow of No Child Left Behind. PART TWO: MOVING FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE. 10 Tools for Assessment and Decision Making. 11 Comprehension: The Power That Fuels Expression. 12 The Many Different Faces of Expression. 13 All Things Social. 14 Executive Function: The Pinnacle of Cognitive Development. 15 Critical Thinking: An Essential Life Skill. Epilogue. Appendix A: Tips for Teaching Skill Development and Generalization. Appendix B: Helpful Teaching Resources. References. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470562345 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- A truly comprehensive, teacher- and parent-friendly guide to creating clear and effective IEPs With the skyrocketing diagnoses of ADHD, autism spectrum disorders, and related conditions in U.S. schools, there is a growing need for information on creating effective IEPs for exceptional students. The IEP From A to Z is a step-by-step guide showing teachers and parents how to get the right education plan in place for students with ADHD, Autism/Asperger's, Emotional/Behavioral Disturbance, and related conditions. Provides easy-to-understand explanations of the special education process along with a wealth of sample effective IEPs Explains what is most important for educators and parents to keep in mind during IEP development Provides content area-specific sample goal and objective templates, general teaching tips for maintaining the IEP, and useful resources From nationally recognized experts in the special education field, this book guides readers through the process of writing thoughtful, intelligent Individualized Education Plans that deliver high-quality, need-based educational programming to exceptional students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470562345 20160605
- Publication date
- Jossey-Bass teacher
- 9780470562345 (pbk.)
- 047056234X (pbk.)
- 9781118015650 (ebk)
- 9781118015667 (ebk)
- 9781118015674 (ebk)
Browse related items
Start at call number: