APEC and the rise of China
- editors, Lok Sang Ho, Jong Wong.
- Singapore ; Hackensack, NJ ; World Scientific, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 234 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- includes bibliographical references and index.
- APEC and the rise of China : an introduction / Lok Sang Ho and John Wong
- Designing Asia-Pacific economic cooperation / Chien-peng Chung
- Rebalancing relations between East Asian and trans-Pacific institutions : evolving regional architectural features / Zhongying Pang
- Will China become an engine of growth for the region? / Yiping Huang
- China's economic rise and regional trade / Rafael Leal-Arcas
- The role of China in Asia-Pacific trade framework in the context of APEC / Emile Kok-Kheng Yeoh, Im-Soo Yoo and Lionel Wei-Li Liong
- Toward an effective (more or less) monetary union in Asia / Lok Sang Ho
- On the reform of RMB exchange rate : a middle ground solution / Bin Zhang and Xiuping Hua
- Continuing the APEC agenda and the evolving regional institutional architecture in the context of an ermerging Asia / Khee Giap Tan and Shu Wen Chiang.
Intra-regional trade has been rising rapidly, especially after China's accession to the WTO in 2001. China's economy is expanding rapidly, and has already passed Japan in 2010 to become the world's second largest economy. It is clearly producing a huge impact on the world economy, and particularly on ASEAN countries. This is the appropriate time to take stock: what has APEC achieved so far? How is China's rapid growth shaping the course of economic integration and cooperation in the region? What is the future of APEC? This book is based on papers presented by scholars with expertise in the Asia Pacific region at a conference on "APEC at 20 and the Rise of China" organized by the APEC Centre of Lingnan University on 26-27 February 2010, and includes additional invited papers.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- "This book is based on papers presented by scholars with expertise in the Asia Pacific region at a conference on "APEC at 20 and the Rise of China" organized by the APEC Centre of Lingnan University on 26-27 February 2010, and includes additional invited papers"--Back cover.
Browse related items
Start at call number: