Celebrate nature! : activities for every season
- Angela Schmidt Fishbaugh.
- 1st ed.
- St. Paul, MN : Redleaf Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- x, 239 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB1139.5 .S35 F47 2011||Unknown|
- Fishbaugh, Angela Schmidt.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Publisher's Summary
- Make nature an integral part of the classroom! With rising childhood obesity rates and children's heavy use of electronics, the need for quality time in nature is greater than ever. Put away gadgets, turn off screens, and discover all that the natural world has to offer. "Celebrate Nature!" is filled with hands-on activities to revive children's connections with nature. Each seasonal section--autumn, winter, spring, and summer--introduces seven themes with countless ways to integrate nature into the classroom. Chapters encourage reflection of your own memories of the seasons and provide activities that address science and discovery, math, blocks and building, language arts, reading, writing, dramatic play, art, and music. Also included are sample letters and suggested at-home activities to support family participation in this important learning.Angela Schmidt Fishbaugh is a pre-kindergarten teacher and certified K-12 art teacher. She leads workshops and seminars focused on the topics of balance, wellness, and educating today's youth.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9781605540344 20160605
- Publication date
- "Ages 3 to 8"--Cover.
- 9781605540344 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 160554034X (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: