The antigallican, or, The lover of his own country : in a series of pieces partly heretofore published and partly new, wherein French influence, and false patriotism, are fully and fairly displayed
- by a Citizen of New England.
- Philadelphia : Published by William Cobbett ..., December, 1797.
- Physical description
- 73, , 74-82,  p. (p. [1-2] at end blank) ; 23 cm.
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
- French influence [signed: Leonidas]
- The pseudo patriot [signed: Ascanius]
- Hamilton versus Munroe [signed: Impartialis]
- Letter from Monsieur B--e M-- --s [Barbé-Marbois], consul general from the late King of France to the United States ... in which the existence of French influence is fully proved ... [dated] Philadelphia, 13th March,
- Extracts from letters written during the late war ... by a person [John Adams] in a high official situation abroad ... [dated] Paris, Nov. 8th [and] Nov. 17th, 1782.
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Lover of his own country
- Gaines notes two states of gathering I: in one, p. 70 is misnumbered 67; in the other, p. 72 is misnumbered 71.
- Incorrectly attributed to William Cobbett.
- Signatures: [A]⁴ B-I⁴ K⁴( -K1+K²) L².
- Page 70 misnumbered 67.
- ESTC (BL), W37803.
- Evans 32393.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #4108.
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: Missouri Historical Society (discard stamp); ms. notations. Bound with: Mallet du Pan. The dangers which threaten Europe. New-York, Printed for, and sold by, James Rivington, 1795; Randolph. Vindication of Mr. Randolph's resignation. Philadelphia : Printed by Samuel H. Smith, ; Gifford. A letter to the Hon. Thomas Erskine. Philadelphia: Published by William Cobbett, 1797; Harper. address from Robert Goodloe Harper. Philadelphia, Published by Thomas Bradford, 1796; Smith. The speech of Mr. Smith, of South Carolina. [Philadelphia : s.n., 1795]; Harper. Mr. Harper's speech, on the foreign intercourse bill. [Philadelphia? : s.n, 1798]; The address of the minority in the Virginia legislature to the people of that state. [n.p., 1799?]; Ivernois. D'Ivernois on the downfal [sic] of Switzerland. [Philadelphia? : s.n., 1798?]
Browse related items
Start at call number: