Embedded sustainability : the next big competitive advantage
- Chris Laszlo and Nadya Zhexembayeva.
- Stanford, California : Stanford Business Books, ©2011.
- Physical description
- xvii, 269 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Business reality reshaped : the big three trends
- To the desert and back : a brief history of value
- What would a strategist do?
- Cool strategies for a heated world
- Embedded sustainability
- Hot competencies for a cool world
- Change management redux
- One possible pathway from strategy to action
- Accepting the limits of business as an agent of world benefit
- The world in 2041 (the story of Jake Marstreng).
- Publisher's Summary
- We are in the midst of a sea-change. In years past, corporate social responsibility may have been seen as a feather in a corporation's cap but, today, ecological and social pressures require a new type of business response. In "Embedded Sustainability, " authors Chris Laszlo and Nadya Zhexembayeva convincingly show how companies can better leverage global challenges for enduring profit and growth. In this outstanding book, readers will learn about the marquis concept of "embedded sustainability": the incorporation of environmental, health, and social value into core business activities with no trade-off in price or quality. When Clorox introduced its new line of Green Works cleaners or Nissan developed its Leaf 100% electric car, these firms were pursuing a profit shift in mainstream markets. In addition to churning out smarter (instead of just greener) products for consumers at large, embedded sustainability is capable of hugely motivating employees. Most of all, it enables companies to create even higher returns for investors, while responding to the new market realities of declining resources, radical transparency, and rising customer expectations. This book helps readers to comprehend--and act on--the notion of embedded sustainability, explaining why it is now a requisite in every sector, how smart companies are creating even higher value for their customers and investors, and what new management competencies are needed to compete in today's marketplace.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780804775540 20160605
- Publication date
- Published simultaneously in the UK by: Sheffield : Greenleaf Publishing.
- 9780804775540 (cloth : alkaline paper)
- 0804775540 (cloth : alkaline paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: