Engaging students : the next level of working on the work
- Phillip C. Schlechty.
- 1st ed.
- San Francisco, CA : Jossey-Bass, c2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 212 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|LB2822.82 .S344 2011||Unknown|
- Schlechty, Phillip C., 1937-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 197-198) and index.
- Introduction. The Author. About the Schlechty Center. Part 1. Engagement. Chapter 1. The Meaning of Engagement. Chapter 2. Developing a Classroom Profile. Part 2. The Framework. Chapter 3. Motives and Motivation. Chapter 4. The Engagement-focused School. Chapter 5. An Alternative View of Teaching. Chapter 6. Prototypes and Design Specifications. Part 3. New Roles in our Schools. Chapter 7. The Teacher's Role: Leader, Designer, and Guide to Instruction. Chapter 8. The Principal's Role: Leader of Leaders. Chapter 9. The Superintendent's Role: Moral and Intellectual Leader. Chapter 10. Rethinking Accountability. Appendix: A Framework for Reflection and Discussion. Bibliography. Index.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470640081 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- Working on the Work (WOW) offers a motivational framework for improving student performance by improving the quality of school designed for students. In this second edition, author Phillip Schlechty incorporates what he's learned from the field and from the hundreds of workshops he and his organization, the Schlechty Center, have conducted since the book's first publication. WOW is a theory of motivation that tries to answer the question: "What can teachers build into the task and activities they design for students that will increase the prospect which students will find meaning in the tasks assigned?" The guide is filled with practical wisdom.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780470640081 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780470640081 (paper)
- 0470640081 (paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: