Narrative, of a five years' expedition, against the revolted Negroes of Surinam, in Guiana, on the wild coast of South America, from the year 1772, to 1777 : elucidating the history of that country, and describing its productions, viz. quadrupedes, birds, fishes, reptiles, trees, shrubs, fruits, & roots ; with an account of the Indians of Guiana, & Negroes of Guinea
- by Captn. J.G. Stedman ; illustrated with 80 elegant engravings from drawings made by the author.
- London : Printed for J. Johnson, 1796.
- Physical description
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 28 cm.
Also available at
At the library
All items must be viewed on site
Request items at least 2 days before you visit to allow retrieval from off-site storage. You can request at most 5 items per day.
Library has: v.1-
|TAN-1198 V.1||In-library use|
|TAN-1198 V.2||In-library use|
- Publication date
- Plates, by Stedman, engraved by William Blake and others.
- ESTC (BL), T146566.
- Action note
- Cons. Trans. #5360 (TAN, v.1 & v.2).
- Stanford copy 1 (RBC): Provenance: W.H. Edwards (bookplate); Conder (signature), v.2.
Browse related items
Start at call number: