The art of music publishing : an entrepreneurial guide to publishing and copyright for the music, film and media industries
- Helen Gammons.
- Amsterdam ; Boston : Focal Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- xxix, 202 p. : ill., ports. ; 24 cm.
ML3790 .G25 2011
- Unknown ML3790 .G25 2011
- Gammons, Helen.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Forward: - How I started in the industry.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Do you want to pursue a career and succeed in the lucrative area of music publishing? The Art of Music Publishing provides real inspiration and a tangible hands on perspective to this exciting side of the high-risk, high-reward music business. Prepare yourself for a career in music publishing and understand this complex but profitable part of the music business. Author Gammons walks you through all you need to know * understanding the role of the publisher * copyright * managing rights * income streams * contracts*. Learn how, when and where income is generated in all the current areas of business as well as exploring the new industries offering new income streams and the business models that are developing. The supporting website includes video interviews and podcasts with music business legends. 'If there is anything that Helen Gammons doesn't know about music publishing, it's probably not worth knowing! If you want to take it to the next level in music publishing - read this book. I know I'll be referring to it often.' David 'Hawk' Wolinski Composer of "Aint No Body" (Rufus and Chaka Khan) and one of the most covered songs ever. "Whether you're already a music publisher or would like to be one, this book will give you a mass of useful information - fresh ideas, up-to-date legal opinions, video interviews with music biz legends, provocative thoughts about where the business is heading, and plenty of good anecdotes." From Simon Napier Bell Manager: The Yardbrids, George Michael and Wham, Marc Bolan. Japan.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9780240522357 (pbk.)
- 0240522354 (pbk.)