The copyright thing doesn't work here : Adinkra and Kente cloth and intellectual property in Ghana
- Boatema Boateng.
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- 216 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- First peoples (2010)
- Boateng, Boatema.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 201-210) and indexes.
- Introduction: indexes of culture and power
- The tongue does not rot: authorship, ancestors, and cloth
- The women don't know anything! gender, cloth production, and appropriation
- Your face doesn't go anywhere: cultural production and legal subjectivity
- We run a single country: the politics of appropriation
- This work cannot be rushed: global flows, global regulation
- Conclusion: why should the copyright thing work here?.
- Publication date
- First peoples: new directions in indigenous studies
- 9780816670024 (hc : alk. paper)
- 0816670021 (hc : alk. paper)
- 9780816670031 (pb : alk. paper)
- 081667003X (pb : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: