Encyclopedia of women in today's world
- editors, Mary Zeiss Stange, Carol K. Oyster, Jane E. Sloan.
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Reference, c2011.
- Physical description
- 4 v. (lxiii, 1891 p.) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Publisher's Summary
- The Multimedia Encyclopedia of Women in Today's World looks at women today and delves into contexts of being female in the 21st century. The scope of the Encyclopedia focuses on women's status starting approximately in the year 2000 and going forward. From A-to-Z, this work will cover the spectrum of defining women in the contemporary world. Signed entries (with cross-references and recommended readings) cover the full range of issues in contemporary women's studies, with volumes including information relevant to the following academic disciplinary contexts: arts and media; business and economics; criminal justice; education; family studies; health; media; military; politics; science and technology; sports; religion; and women in different cultures and countries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- 9781412976855 (hardback)
- 1412976855 (hardback)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: