Jump start health! : practical ideas to promote wellness in kids of all ages
- David Campos.
- New York : Teachers College Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- xiii, 225 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|RJ101 .C324 2011||Unknown|
- Campos, David.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 208-217) and index.
- The significance of health and wellness
- Snapshot on nutrition
- Ideas to promote healthy eating habits
- Snapshot on physical activity
- Ideas to increase physical activity
- School and community collaboration.
- Publisher's Summary
- This dynamic resource will help classroom teachers jump start their students into a healthy lifestyle. The author takes us through understanding the obesity crisis and offers practical ideas for incorporating wellness initiatives into the elementary curriculum. Each idea presented has a clear learning objective, addresses federal health standards, and includes a step-by-step approach with activities for the classroom. This hands-on, comprehensive book provides a set of tools that will help teachers and health practitioners improve the eating habits and exercise patterns of youngsters nationwide.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780807751794 20160605
- Publication date
- 9780807751794 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0807751790 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 9780807751787 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0807751782 (pbk. : alk. paper)
Browse related items
Start at call number: