Prudent practices in the laboratory [electronic resource] : handling and management of chemical hazards
- Committee on Prudent Practices in the Laboratory, Board on Chemical Sciences and Technology, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council of the National Academies.
- Updated version.
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2011.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (360 p.) : ill. (some col.)
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- The culture of laboratory safety
- Environmental health and safety management system
- Emergency planning
- Evaluating hazards and assessing risks in the laboratory
- Management of chemicals
- Working with chemicals
- Working with laboratory equipment
- Management of waste
- Laboratory facilities
- Laboratory security
- Safety laws and standards pertinent to laboratories.
- Publisher's Summary
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory--the book that has served for decades as the standard for chemical laboratory safety practice--now features updates and new topics. This revised edition has an expanded chapter on chemical management and delves into new areas, such as nanotechnology, laboratory security, and emergency planning. Developed by experts from academia and industry, with specialties in such areas as chemical sciences, pollution prevention, and laboratory safety, Prudent Practices in the Laboratory provides guidance on planning procedures for the handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals. The book offers prudent practices designed to promote safety and includes practical information on assessing hazards, managing chemicals, disposing of wastes, and more. Prudent Practices in the Laboratory will continue to serve as the leading source of chemical safety guidelines for people working with laboratory chemicals: research chemists, technicians, safety officers, educators, and students.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780309138642 20160603
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- Handling and management of chemical hazards
- Title from PDF t.p. (National Academies Press, viewed April 15, 2011).
- Available in another form
- Print version: Prudent practices in the laboratory. Updated ed. Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, c2011 ( 9780309138642 ) ( 0309138647 ) ( 9780309138659 ) ( 0309138655 )
- 9780309138642 (hardback)
- 0309138647 (hardback)
- 9780309138659 (pdf)
- 0309138655 (pdf)