Handbook of the mammals of the world
- chief editors, Don E. Wilson, Russell A. Mittermeier ; associate editors, Sue Ruff, Albert Martínez-Vilalta ; photographic editor, Josep del Hoyo ; authors, Paolo Cavallini ... [et al.].
- Barcelona : Lynx, c2009-
- Physical description
- 9 v. : ill. (chiefly col.), col. maps ; 32 cm.
Marine Biology Library (Miller)
Library has: v.4
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.4||Unknown|
Science Library (Li and Ma)
Library has: v.1-
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.1||Unknown|
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.2||Unknown|
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.3||Unknown|
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.4||Unknown|
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.5||Unknown|
|QL701.2 .H36 2009 F V.6||In process|
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Family Cheirogaleidae (Mouse, Giant Mouse, Dwarf and Fork-marked Lemurs)--Family Lepilemuridae (Sportive Lemurs)--Family Lemuridae (Bamboo, True and Ruffed Lemurs)--Family Indriidae (Woolly Lemurs, Sifakas and Indri)--Family Daubentoniidae (Aye-aye)--Family Galagidae (Galagos)--Family Tarsiidae (Tarsiers)--Family Callitrichidae (Marmosets and Tamarins)--Family Cebidae (Squirrel Monkeys and Capuchins)--Family Aotidae (Night Monkeys)--Family Pitheciidae (Titis, Sakis and Uacaris)--Family Atelidae (Howlers, Spider and Woolly Monkeys and Muriquis)--Family Cercopithecidae (Old World Monkeys)-- Family Hylobatidae (Gibbons)--Family Hominidae (Great Apes).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9788496553897 20160605
- Family Otariidae (Eared Seals) Family Odobenidae (Walrus) Family Phocidae (Earless Seals) Family Balaenidae (Right and Bowhead Whales) Family Neobalaenidae (Pygmy Right Whale) Family Eschrichtiidae (Gray Whale) Family Balaenopteridae (Rorquals) Family Physeteridae (Sperm Whale) Family Kogiidae (Pygmy and Dwarf Sperm Whales) Family Ziphiidae (Beaked Whales) Family Platanistidae (South Asian River Dolphin) Family Iniidae (Amazon River Dolphins) Family Lipotidae (Baiji) Family Pontoporiidae (Franciscana) Family Monodontidae (Narwhal and Beluga) Family Delphinidae (Ocean Dolphins) Family Phocoenidae (Porpoises) Family Trichechidae (Manatees) Family Dugongidae (Dugong).
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9788496553934 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- The first work to illustrate and describe every living species of mammal on Earth. Volume 2 is devoted to Hoofed Mammals. The Handbook of the Mammals of the World (HMW) will be an unprecedented reference work for the Class Mammalia. This series of eight volumes will describe every currently recognized mammal species, along with an overview of each mammalian family. It will provide up-to-date information on the systematic relationships, natural history, ecology, and current conservation status for all mammals. Every species will be illustrated and each chapter will also include many color photographs. HMW will provide comprehensive worldwide coverage by involving an international group of expert authors.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9788496553774 20160605
- Marine mammals include some of the most fascinating animals on Earth. Large, majestic whales and stunning, playful dolphins have provided mysterious companionship to humans at sea for hundreds of years. These magical creatures, along with the equally fascinating manatees, dugongs, seals, sea lions, and walrusses, have developed a completely different set of adaptations from their terrestrial ancestors and relatives. Volume 4 of the HMW series provides complete accounts of all species and families in these important groups. Lavishly illustrated with colour photographs showing different behaviours of all of them, the text contains the latest up-to-date information on all families of sea mammals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9788496553934 20160605
- Beginning date
- Title Variation
- Mammals of the world
- "Published ... in association with Conservation International and IUCN"--Cover.
- 8496553493 (v. 1)
- 9788496553491 (v. 1)
- 8496553779 (v. 2)
- 9788496553774 (v. 2)
- 8496553892 (v. 3)
- 9788496553897 (v. 3)
- 9788496553934 (v. 4)
- 9788496553996 (v. 5)
- 9788494189234 (v. 6)
- 8496553930 (v. 4)
Browse related items
Start at call number: