Diplomatic manuscript documents, 1404-1781
- Physical description
- 1 linear foot (1 manuscript box of 30 documents and 1 print box of 4 documents and vellum cover)
Also available at
At the library
Finding aidOnline Archive of California
Limited on-site access
Researchers in the Stanford community can request to view these materials in the Special Collections Reading Room. Entry to the Reading Room is by appointment only.
|M1814 FLAT BOX 2||In-library use|
|M1814 HALF BOX 1||In-library use|
- Rosenthal, Bernard M.
- Finding aid
- Finding aid available online (html)
- Organization & arrangement
- Oversize items are in the print box; regular are in the manuscript box. Within each box arrangement is by date.
- Included are 34 diplomatic documents from Italy (predominantly), France, Spain, England, and Czechoslovakia. Of particular note is an 1772 Papal indulgence from Olomouc, in the Czech Republic, and a 1781 letter addressed by Pope Pius VI to Scipione de' Ricci, bishop of Pistoia-Prato, in reply to the bishop's complaint about two nuns of the Monastery of Santa Caterina who are on the road to perdition and whose heresies and misdeeds border on the incredible.
- Ricci, Scipione de', 1741-1810.
- Manuscripts, Italian.
- Manuscripts, Latin (Medieval and modern)
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Papacy > History > Sources.
- Popes > Correspondence.
- Local subject
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Czech Republic > 18th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > England > 16th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > France > 15th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Italy > 15th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Italy > 16th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Italy > 17th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Italy > 18th century.
- Medieval and Renaissance studies > Spain > 16th century.
- Earliest date
- Latest date
- Handwritten dealer notes by Bernard Rosenthal are included with the document when they include more information than written on each folder.
- Open for research; material must be requested at least 24 hours in advance of intended use.
- Purchased, 2011. Accession 2011-042.
- An artificial collection created by the dealer, Bernard M. Rosenthal.
Browse related items
Start at call number: