Off like the wind! : the first ride of the pony express
- Michael P. Spradlin ; paintings by Layne Johnson.
- New York : Walker, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 25 x 28 cm.
Education Library (Cubberley)
|HE6375 .P65 S77 2010||Unknown|
- Publisher's Summary
- In 1860, the first Pony Express rider set out on a trail from Missouri to California. With him, he carried a special delivery?the first mail ever carried by hand to the West. Over the next eleven days, he and many other riders would endure harsh weather, dangerous animals, and more, but nothing would diminish their unflagging determination and courage. Meticulously researched and gorgeously illustrated, Michael P. Spradlin and Layne Johnson's "Off Like the Wind! "brings to life an adventurous journey, full of suspense and excitement, that celebrates America's can-do attitude and pioneering spirit.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9780802796523 20160603
- Publication date
- Title Variation
- First ride of the Pony Express
- 9780802796523 (hardcover binding)
- 0802796524 (hardcover binding)
- 9780802796530 (reinforced library binding)
- 0802796532 (reinforced library binding)
Browse related items
Start at call number: