Off like the wind! : the first ride of the pony express
- Spradlin, Michael P.
- New York : Walker, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 v. (unpaged) : col. ill. ; 25 x 28 cm.
HE6375 .P65 S77 2010
- Unknown HE6375 .P65 S77 2010
- Johnson, Layne ill.
- Publisher's Summary
- In 1860, the first Pony Express rider set out on a trail from Missouri to California. With him, he carried a special delivery?the first mail ever carried by hand to the West. Over the next eleven days, he and many other riders would endure harsh weather, dangerous animals, and more, but nothing would diminish their unflagging determination and courage. Meticulously researched and gorgeously illustrated, Michael P. Spradlin and Layne Johnson's "Off Like the Wind! "brings to life an adventurous journey, full of suspense and excitement, that celebrates America's can-do attitude and pioneering spirit.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Michael P. Spradlin ; paintings by Layne Johnson.
- Title Variation
- First ride of the Pony Express
- 9780802796523 (hardcover binding)
- 0802796524 (hardcover binding)
- 9780802796530 (reinforced library binding)
- 0802796532 (reinforced library binding)