Empire of humanity : a history of humanitarianism
- Michael Barnett.
- Ithaca, N.Y. : Cornell University Press, 2011.
- Physical description
- xi, 296 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Barnett, Michael N., 1960-
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -285) and index.
- Co-dependence : humanitarianism and the world
- The humanitarian big bang
- Saving slaves, sinners, savages, and societies
- Saving soldiers and civilians during war
- The new international
- Humanitarianism during wartime
- It's a humanitarian's world
- Armed for humanity
- Politics and anti-politics, or, The new paternalism.
- Publication date
- 9780801447136 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0801447135 (cloth : alk. paper)
Acquired with support from
Browse related items
Start at call number: