International encyclopedia of statistical science [electronic resource]
- Berlin ; London : Springer, 2010.
- Physical description
- 1 online resource (1673 p.) : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Overview of Statistical Sciences.- Past, Recent trends and Advances.- Present and Future perspective.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- The goal of this book is multidimensional. It intends to help reviving Statistics education in many parts in the world where it is in crisis. For the first time authors from many developing countries have an opportunity to write together with the most prominent world authorities. The editor has spent several years searching for the most reputable statisticians all over the world. International contributors are either presidents of the local statistical societies, or head of the Statistics department at the main university, or the most distinguished statisticians in their countries. This book aims to enable any non-statistician to obtain quick and yet comprehensive and highly understandable view on certain statistical term, method or application; to enable all the researchers, managers and practitioners to refresh their knowledge in Statistics, especially in certain controversial fields; and, to revive interest in statistics among students, since they will see its usefulness and relevance in almost all branches of Science.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- edited by Miodrag Lovric.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2011. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Feb. 9, 2011). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Available in another form
- Print version: International encyclopedia of statistical science. Berlin ; London : Springer, 2010 9783642048975 (OCoLC)495781320
- 9783642048982 (electronic bk.)
- 3642048986 (electronic bk.)