Handbook of nuclear engineering [electronic resource]
- New York ; London : Springer, 2010.
- Physical description
- lxi, 3580 p. : ill.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- VOLUME 1: NUCLEAR ENGINEERING FUNDAMENTALS. - Neutron Cross Section Measurements. - Evaluated Nuclear Data. - Neutron Slowing Down and Thermalization. - Nuclear Data Preparation. - General Principles of Neutron Transport. - Nuclear Materials and Irradiation Effects. - Mathematics for Nuclear Engineering. VOLUME 2: REACTOR DESIGN. - Multigroup Neutron Transport and Diffusion Computations. - Lattice-Physics Computations. - Core Isotopic Depletion and Fuel Management. - Radiation Shielding and Radiological Protection. - High Performance Computations in Nuclear Engineering. VOLUME 3: REACTOR ANALYSIS. - Analysis of Reactor Fuel Elements Rod Behavior. - Noise Techniques in Nuclear Systems. - Methods of Deterministic and Probabilistic Safety and Risk Assessment. - Multi-Phase Flows: Compressible Multi-Hydrodynamics. - Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis, Data Assimilation and Predictive Best-Estimate Model Calibration. - Reactor Physics Experiments on Zero Power Reactors. VOLUME 4: REACTORS OF GENERATIONS III AND IV. - Pressurized LWRs and HWRs in Republic of Korea. - VVER-type Reactors of Russian Design. - Sodium Fast Reactor Design: Fuels, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulics, Structural Mechanics and Safety. - Gas-Cooled Reactors: Fuels, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulics, Structural Mechanics and Safety. - Lead-cooled Fast Reactor (LFR) Design: Safety, Neutronics, Thermal-Hydraulics, Structural Mechanics, Fuel, Core and Plant Design. - GEM*STAR: The Alternative Reactor. - Technology Comprising Graphite, Molten Salt, and Accelerators. VOLUME 5: FUEL CYCLES, DECOMMISSIONING, WASTE DISPOSAL AND SAFEGUARDS. - Front-End of the Fuel Cycle. - Transuranium Elements in Nuclear Fuels and Cycles. - Decommissioning of Nuclear Plants. - The Scientific Basis of Nuclear Waste Management. - Proliferation Resistance and Safeguards.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- "The Handbook of Nuclear Engineering" is an authoritative compilation of information regarding methods and data used in all phases of nuclear engineering. Addressing nuclear engineers and scientists at all academic levels, this five volume set provides the latest findings in nuclear data and experimental techniques, reactor physics, kinetics, dynamics and control. Readers will also find a detailed description of data assimilation, model validation and calibration, sensitivity and uncertainty analysis, fuel management and cycles, nuclear reactor types and radiation shielding. A discussion of radioactive waste disposal, safeguards and non-proliferation, and fuel processing with partitioning and transmutation is also included. As nuclear technology becomes an important resource of non-polluting sustainable energy in the future, "The Handbook of Nuclear Engineering" is an excellent reference for practicing engineers, researchers and professionals.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- editor, Dan Gabriel Cacuci.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Dec. 9, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Handbook of nuclear engineering. New York ; London : Springer, 2010 9780387981307 (OCoLC)318674143
- 9780387981499 (electronic bk.)
- 0387981497 (electronic bk.)
- 9780387981307 (hardcover : alk. paper)