How to write technical reports [electronic resource] : understandable structure, good design, convincing presentation
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -278) and index.
- Planning the Technical Report.- Writing and creating the Technical Report.- Useful behavior for working on your project and writing the Technical Report.- Presenting the Technical Report.- Summary.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publisher's Summary
- Technical Reports are usually written according to general standards, corporate - sign standards of the current university or company, logical rules and practical - periences. These rules are not known well enough among engineers. There are many books that give general advice in writing. This book is specialised in how to write Technical Reports and addresses not only engineers, but also natural sci- th tists, computer scientists, etc. It is based on the 6 edition published in 2008 by st Vieweg in German and is now published as 1 edition by Springer in English. Both authors of the German edition have long experience in educating en- neers at the University of Applied Sciences Hannover. They have held many l- tures where students had to write reports and took notes about all positive and negative examples that occurred in design reports, lab work reports, and in theses. Prof. Dr. Lutz Hering has worked for VOLKSWAGEN and DAIMLER and then changed to the University of Applied Sciences Hannover where he worked from 1974 until 2000. He held lectures on Technical Drawing, Construction and Design, CAD and Materials Science. Dr. Heike Hering worked nine years as a Technical Writer and was responsible for many CAD manuals in German and English. She is now employed at TUV NORD Akademie, where she is responsible for E-Learning projects, technical documentation and software training and supervises students who are writing their theses. Prof. Dr. -Ing.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Lutz Hering, Heike Hering.
- Translation of: Technische Berichte : verständlich gliedern, gut gestalten, überzeugend vortragen. 6. Aufl., 2008.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Nov. 8, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Available in another form
- Print version: Hering, Lutz. Technische Berichte. English. How to write technical reports. Heidelberg ; New York : Springer, c2010 9783540699286 (OCoLC)269435297
- 9783540699293 (electronic bk.)
- 3540699295 (electronic bk.)
- 9783540699286 (pbk.)
- 3540699287 (pbk.)