Engineering design and rapid prototyping [electronic resource]
- by Ali K. Kamrani, Emad Abouel Nasr.
- New York ; London : Springer, 2010.
- Physical description
- p. cm.
- Product Development and Managements.- Engineering Design and Innovations.- Product Development Process.- Modular Design.- Design for Modularity.- DFMo Case Study: Four-Gear Speed Reducer Design.- Design for Manufacture and Assembly.- CAD/CAM and Features-Based Technologies.- Computer-Based Design and Manufacturing.- Feature Representations.- Feature Extraction Techniques.- Rapid Design and Manufacturing.- Engineering Materials: An Overview.- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.- Rapid Prototyping.- Data Mining Methodology and Techniques.- Group Technology and Applications.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)
"Engineering Design and Rapid Prototyping" offers insight into the methods and techniques that allow for easily implementing engineering designs by incorporating advanced methodologies and technologies. This book contains advanced topics such as feature-based design and process planning, modularity and rapid manufacturing, along with a collection of the latest methods and technologies currently being utilized in the field. The volume also: -Provides axiomatic design and solution methodologies for both design and manufacturing -Discusses product life cycle development and analysis for ease of manufacture and assembly -Offers applied methods and technologies in rapid prototyping, tooling and manufacturing "Engineering Design and Rapid Prototyping" will be extremely valuable for any engineers and researchers and students working in engineering design.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Rapid prototyping.
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2010. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Oct. 7, 2010). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.