Integrative wildlife nutrition [electronic resource]
- Perry S. Barboza, Katherine L. Parker, Ian D. Hume.
- Berlin : Springer-Verlag, c2009.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1. Introduction: common themes across diverse taxa
- Part 1. Functional relationships. 2. Food and populations
- 3. Feeding dynamics: functional and behavioral responses
- 4. Measuring food consumption
- 5. Digestive function
- Part II. Substrates and tissue constituents. 6. Carbohydrates: sugars, fiber and fermentation
- 7. Lipids: fatty acids and adipose tissue
- 8. Nitrogenous substrates: nucleic acids to amino excretion
- 9. Metabolic consituents: water, minerals and vitamins
- Part III. Energy and integration. 10. Energy: carbon as a fuel and a tissue constituent
- 11. Integrating nutrient supply and demand in variable environments.
- List of common and scientific names of animals and plants
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Mar. 9, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.