Fundamentals of biochemical engineering [electronic resource]
- Rajiv Dutta.
- New Delhhi : Ane Books India ; Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- xv, 292 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Enzyme Kinetics-- Immobilized Enzyme-- Industrial Applications of Enzymes-- Cell Cultivations-- Cell Kinetics and Fermenter Design-- Genetic Engineering-- Sterilization-- Agitation and Aeration-- Downstream Processing.
- (source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540779001 20160605
- Publisher's Summary
- The biology, biotechnology, chemistry, pharmacy and chemical engineering students at various universtiy and engineering institutions are required to take the Biochemical Engineering course either as an elective or compulsory subject. This book is written keeping in mind the need for a text book on afore subject for students from both engineering and biology backgrounds. The main feature of this book is that it contains the solved problems, which help the students to understand the subject better. The book is divided into three sections: Enzyme mediated bioprocess, whole cell mediated bioprocess and the engineering principle in bioprocess. Dr. Rajiv Dutta is Professor in Biotechnology and Director, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Lucknow. He earned his M. Tech. in Biotechnology and Engineering from the Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT, Kharagpur and Ph.D. in Bioelectronics from BITS, Pilani. He has taught Biochemical Engineering and Biophysics to B.E., M.E. and M.Sc. level student carried out advanced research in the area of Ion channels at the Department of Botany at Oklahoma State University, Stillwater and Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. He also holds the position of Nanion Technologies Adjunct Research Professor at Research Triangle Institute, RTP, NC. He had received various awards including JCI Outstanding Young Person of India and ISBEM Dr. Ramesh Gulrajani Memorial Award 2006 for outstanding research in electro physiology.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)9783540779001 20160605
- Biochemical engineering.
- Publication date
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2009. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Feb. 4, 2009). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.