Encyclopedia of molecular pharmacology [electronic resource]
- Stefan Offermanns and Walter Rosenthal (eds.).
- 2nd ed.
- Berlin ; New York : Springer, c2008.
- Physical description
- 2 v. (xxvii, 1505) : ill.
- Springer reference.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. A-L
- v. 2. M-Z.
- Publisher's Summary
- This comprehensive 2 volume encyclopedic reference provides rapid access to focused information on molecular pharmacology for research scientists, clinicians and advanced students. With the A-Z format of about 2000 entries, about 250 authors provide a complete reference to the area of molecular pharmacology. The book combines the knowledge of classic pharmacology describing drug action as well as the more recent approach of the precise analysis of the molecular mechanisms by which drugs exert their effects. Short keyword entries define common acronyms, terms and phrases. In addition, detailed essays provide in-depth information on drugs, cellular processes, molecular targets, techniques, molecular mechanisms and general principles. Each essay is well-structured, with extensive cross-referencing between all entries.
(source: Nielsen Book Data)
- Publication date
- Springer reference
- Originally published as: Encyclopedic reference of molecular pharmacology / Stefan Offermanns, Walter Rosenthal (eds.). c2004.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Springer, 2008. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Title from title screen (viewed on Dec. 15, 2008). Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Related Work
- Encyclopedic reference of molecular pharmacology.